How to Report Elder Abuse in New York | Lawyer Lists Contact Information – How to Report Elder Abuse in New York. Elder abuse at a nursing home in New York should be reported to the New York State Adult Protective Services (APS). If the effects are lasting physical or mental effects on the elderly person you can also contact an elder abuse lawyer in New York for what the elderly laws in New York are about nursing home abuse. To contact Frank J. Dito Jr. Staten Island nursing home abuse lawyer call 718-979-4300.