At The Law Offices of Frank J. Dito, Jr. we are committed to providing strong legal representation to victims of a construction accident in Staten Island and Brooklyn. Our lead attorney, Frank Dito, has the sharp legal skills to defend your right to just compensation, whether through a workers’ comp claim or a third-party lawsuit.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), there are over 150,000 construction site accidents every year, over 1,000 of them resulting in fatalities. With construction workers at greater risk of workplace injury than most employees, we hope it reassures you to know that we are here for you when you need it most.
Whether you have been injured working at a construction job site doing road work, building homes, malls or skyscrapers, or mending bridges or other infrastructure, suffering a serious injury on the job threatens not only your health but your ability to earn a living. By contacting Frank Dito promptly, you give yourself a distinct advantage when it comes to getting the services and funds you will need moving forward.
The Limits of Workers’ Compensation
If you have been injured at your workplace, you are eligible to receive workers’ compensation, even if the harm that came to you was not the result of someone else’s negligence. While workers’ comp will cover all your medical costs and provide you with a sizable portion of your regular income, it will not offer you anything for your pain and suffering. Because workers’ comp also prevents you from suing your employer, you will need the clout of an experienced workers’ comp attorney to make sure you receive maximum benefits.
In a fair number of cases, the negligent party in a construction accident is not your employer but rather a contractor, subcontractor, manufacturer, vendor, site owner, engineer or architect. If this is the situation for you, our well-prepared practice knows precisely how to develop the best strategy to prove third-party negligence to win a court case.
Whether your construction accident injury is covered by workers’ compensation or must be litigated by a third party, you will be well-served by having Frank Dito at your side.
How Our Construction Accident Attorney Can Help
We believe that construction workers are entitled to a safe work environment and that negligent third parties must be held accountable for construction accident injuries their negligence has caused. As a well-respected construction accident attorney, he has the in-depth knowledge of state and federal law to protect you and the energy and determination to take over the following logistical matters while you rest and recover:
- Negotiating with opposing attorneys and insurance adjusters
- Investigating the site of the accident
- Examining police reports and medical records
- Looking into any prior record of negligence by the defendant
- Interviewing witnesses
- Networking with mechanical/engineering/medical experts
whose testimony may bolster your case in court
Types of Construction Accidents: The Fatal Four
OSHA (the Occupational Safety and Health Administration) has dubbed the leading causes of construction site fatalities “the Fatal Four.” Though not always fatal, these accidents frequently cause traumatic or catastrophic injuries.
- Falls are the most prevalent construction accidents. Workers all too often fall due to slippery surfaces or improperly balanced ladders. They are also in danger of falling from heights while working on high beams, scaffolds, roofs, or large equipment or vehicles.
- Being struck by an object causes numerous serious injuries. Objects that may strike construction workers include loose or shifting building materials, pieces of equipment, nails from nail guns, vehicles that malfunction, tools or debris that fall or are negligently thrown (e.g. to clear workspace on a roof).
- Electrocutions may occur due to living wires, electrical outlets exposed to water, active power lines, poorly maintained extension cords and power tools, and lightning strikes.
- Caught in-between accidents occur when workers get compressed or crushed between pieces of equipment or machinery or trapped under collapsing structures.
Fires and explosions also cause construction accidents since there are flammable and/or explosive materials at many job sites. In some instances, construction workers also suffer harm from improperly stored or spilled toxic substances that make contact with their skin or eyes or are accidentally inhaled. Of course, construction injuries also result from routine workplace activities, such as bending, climbing, or heavy lifting.
Common Injuries From A Construction Accident
Just about any part of the body can be negatively impacted by a construction accident. At The Law Offices of Frank J. Ditto, Jr., we offer you compassion as well as excellent legal counsel regarding your:
- Spinal cord or spinal column injuries
- Bone fracture or dislocation
- Loss of sight, hearing, or sensation
- Muscle and ligament tears
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder or knee injuries
- Respiratory injury
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
Severe physical injuries are usually accompanied by psychological trauma, manifesting as anxiety, depression, or PTSD so it is likely you may require mental, as well as physical healthcare.
Damages We Will Fight to Win for You and Your Family
We are fully aware that you are going through one of the most difficult times in your life and will fight aggressively to get you the resources you need to take care of yourself and your loved ones during your incapacity, even if it is long-term or if you become permanently disabled. Our agility in the courtroom will be put to good use as we argue for compensatory damages for any of the following that apply in your case:
- Medical and rehabilitation costs
- Lost income, present and future
- Psychological counseling
- Property damage or loss
- Replacement services (e.g. house cleaning)
- Extended nursing care
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Contact Us Today So We Can Start Working on Your Construction Accident Case
The Law Offices of Frank J. Dito, Jr. is well-known for efficient, effective legal advocacy and personal concern. Once you contact us, we will listen to your story, answer your questions, and get to work to protect your best interests. You will owe us no attorneys’ fees until we provide you with the damages you need to see you through.