Workers’ Compensation Lawyers: Serving clients injured at work in New York with the attorneys, skills and resources to get you the workers compensation benefits that you have earned and deserve.
New York State Worker’s Compensation
The New York workers’ compensation law firm with the answers to your work injury questions. If you are hurt at work, you may be eligible for worker’s compensation cash and medical benefits.
What to do if you are injured at work?
- If you are injured at work, seek medical attention immediately.
- Inform the doctor or hospital that you were injured at work and they will bill your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance.
- A soon as possible, tell your employer or supervisor about how the accident happened and that you were injured.
- To receive workers compensation benefits, you need to file a claim soon after your injury and notify your employer in writing within thirty (30) days.
- Contact the law offices of Frank J. Dito Jr. to file the necessary claim forms so that your employer will have notice of your injury and your benefits will continue.
After the claim is filed, you will need to regularly see your doctor so that your cash and medical benefits will continue. Insurance companies will send you to their doctors for an IME, which is a paid opinion by a doctor that the insurance company chooses. Their IME may tell you that you don’t need any more medical treatment and that you can return to work. Your medical treatment and cash benefits may stop. It’s important to have a worker’s compensation attorney quickly file a claim with the worker’s compensation board so that we can file a request for further action to have a judge order your cash and medical benefits to continue.
Do not Delay when hiring an Attorney!
If you delay in hiring an attorney for your worker’s compensation benefits, it may take months for those benefits to be reinstated. Don’t delay, retain a worker’s compensation attorney today. At the law offices of Frank J Dito Jr, you will not need to pay any money out of your pocket for us to represent you. Depending on your claim, you may be eligible for a lump sum cash award. And even if you have a claim where benefits stopped and you returned to work, you still may be eligible for a cash award.
If you have a question about or have been denied your eligibility for worker’s compensation benefits, contact Frank J. Dito Jr., an experienced Staten Island and Brooklyn, New York Workers’ Compensation Attorney, to review your case and work with you to obtain the necessary information you need to win your case and collect your worker’s compensation benefits.